Thursday, April 17, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Texture Polish

Hey Hey Hey! Today's theme is texture polish and I only have three so narrowing it down was no issue haha. I went with Julie G in Sugar Plum Fairy, which was part of the 2013 Frosted Gum Drops Collection and can be bought on their website for $3.99. This was the only textured polish I had in my stash that I had yet to wear so I thought it would perfect to use so I can cross it off of my untried list.

Two Coats with No Top Coat

Okay I don't know if it's just me but I cannot picture this polish correctly! It shows more blue but in reality it's a true royal purple polish with silver glitter and purple and blue shimmer. If you think this polish looks fabulous in pictures than you need to get your hands on it because it is 10x better in person. 

I am someone who enjoys textured polishes so I guess my opinion is a bit biased but it isn't as crazy of a texture polish as the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polish I swatched before, meaning the feel of it was a bit less rough when I touched the surface of my nail. I had only bought two colors from the collection and I really wish I had gotten more, they have a great formula, fabulous colors, and they are ridiculously easy to remove! Crazy right? It's a textured polish with glitter, the rules of nail polish state that this should be hell to take off but it isn't! I love it.

Not only do I want more of the Julie G textured polishes I want more of all her polishes. I have read so many reviews that say all her polishes are great formula and great colors. Sooooo I actually ordered the newest collection by Julie G on Groupon called the Cruise Collection that can be bought on her website or Rite Aid stores. Unfortunately Groupon is all out of the collection so you can no longer get the same deal but with shipping and tax I saved about 4 dollars than if I were to have bought it in the store. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the blog post with swatches and review on the polishes once they come in!

Upcoming manicure themes:

Until next time, PEACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment