Monday, April 14, 2014

Marc Jacobs - #154 Jungle {Limited Edition}

I just want to start by saying I'm in awe with the amount of money in products that are on my nails right now and I didn't buy a thing! I went on a trip to Sephora on Friday with some friends and I couldn't help painting my nails (pssh, of course). I started off my manicure with Julep's Oxygen Nail Treatment ($18), which apparently works best when used on its own, oops! Next I added a coat of Butter London's Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat ($20), which is AMAZING! I used it once and I'm already in love. When I save some money up I'll be sure to get my hands on it because I need it! Of course I added some color and choose Marc Jacobs - Jungle ($18) since it looked so great on display. Also, it's limited edition and I didn't know if I would have the opportunity to try it again the next time I went. Last but not least I added Butter London's Hardware P.D. Topcoat ($20). This all totals to a whopping $76 dollars on the digits, woah!

marc jacobs beauty jungle

Okay so back to the polish of discussion. This is two coats of Jungle, an army green creme. This isn't necessarily a unique color but it is still beautiful and greens usually look terrible on my skin tone but this actually looks really good and I appreciate that so much.

marc jacobs beauty #154 jungle
I was in Connecticut visiting a college/family and the sun was setting. It was so pretty and I loved the light and thought, why not take a picture of my nails with this lighting! So here you go, just in case you were wondering what it looks like with the sun setting haha.

marc jacobs jungle limited edition
I wish I could give a more in depth review about application but I was in kind of a rush due to the fact I painted two other peoples nails and was being told I needed to hurry. I CAN say that the formula was fantastic, It went on easily and was completely opaque in two coats.

marc jacobs nail polish
Although this isn't necessarily a Spring color I still think its works for the season. My reasoning is that when I think of Spring I think of nature and when I think of nature I think of green and every green works. I would prefer to wear this during the Fall season but I definitely don't mind wearing it before then.

*Picture from Kristen (@kgrdnr on Instagram) - also pictured is New Wave (Blue)*

If all polishes in the Marc Jacobs line are as great in formula as this one was, I may find myself splurging to pay for the $18 dollar polish but we'll see about that. The description given on these polishes is that it is "a superior polish with an unprecendented finish and the shine of 30 coats of lacquer." I added topcoat so it would dry faster so I can't say much about whether they shine much on their own. You can find "Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquers" at Sephora, they currently have 25 shades online excluding Jungle. I have not been able to find an online distributer for this color but I imagine it is in most Sephora displays for this brand. The good news is these polishes are 3-free, which is always a plus. Also fun fact, I learned that the bottle is supposed to represent the curvature of a smile, now that's adorable!



Until Next Time, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment