Thursday, April 17, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Holo Polish

Hey there! Today's theme is Holographic and I seriously need to get more, they are so fantastic! The polish I ended up using is China Glaze in Infra Red. I have seen many holographic polishes and I personally don't think that this polish is as holographic, if that makes sense. What I mean is there are other holographic polishes that are more in your face with the holographic glitter, although this may just be me.

Two Coats with Top Coat

One of the first things I noticed while applying this is that the color is the exact color my friends love on me. It is a magenta that in certain lights leans more reddish. I'm quite pale and colors like this make me look like I'm actually alive and although I'm sure just having this colors on my nails wont do much for improving my death like appearance haha, it's definitely a start.

I am becoming more of a fan of holographic polishes especially for the summer time when the sun comes out to play. I'm on the hunt for a black holographic polish but can't seem to find any in stores but I do know I can plenty online, I just rather do an in store purchase.  The formula was pretty good, nothing that makes me rave about it but definitely not terrible.

I will definitely be trying to get my hands on more holographic polishes, Babi from Color Sutraa has so many swatches of holographic polishes that just make me fall more and more in love with them. Thankfully I get the opportunity to visit her every once in awhile and she paints the nails of all the ladies that come to see her and I will definitely be taking advantage of that!

Themes for upcoming manis:


1 comment: