Tuesday, April 15, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Favorite Glitter

Thankfully picking a favorite glitter was not as hard as picking a favorite creme since I don't have nearly as many. I actually don't wear glitter very often because I don't like the hassle of taking it off. Even putting a glue base so I can peel it of later is too much work. Yes, I am in fact that lazy. That being said I chose Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Copper Penny. I have really been into copper toned polishes, including glitter but I've been holding off wearing it too much because I rather wait until fall when it is more appropriate for the season. BUTTTTTTTT since todays theme is favorite glitter I can throw that out the window.


I associate copper with fall so I decided to use a vampy color for my base. I went with Revlon Colorstay in Bold Sangria, a rich plum creme, opaque in two coats and absolutely stunning. The first coat is a bit patchy but a second coat makes everything even out while giving a beautiful shine, I add topcoat anyway but it's nice to know it can be shiny on its own.


Copper Penny is a copper glitter (you would have never guessed right?) with two sized rounded glitter flecks, small and extra small.  The formula is great, one swipe and most of my nail was covered in glitter. Don't worry about having to do the grab and dab technique with this polish, which some glitters needs.

This is two coats over my base color, stunning isn't it? It catches light and kind of looks like fire embers and trust me when I tell ya it's gorgeous!


Until next time, PEACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment