Saturday, April 19, 2014

30 Day Challenge: Ruffian

Hey there! So today's mani theme is ruffian/half moons/tips and I chose to do a ruffian manicure. The only issue is I think I may have cheated again haha. I wanted to make it a bit different and do a rose ruffian so instead of having two different colors, I have a soft neutral color as my base and then roses around my cuticle. This is the first time I have ever tried roses and controlling the size proved to be quite the challenge for me. I'm not sure if these can be seen as ruffian or not but I'm going to say they are.


(Sheer Pink Base) Essie - Sugar Daddy
(Light Pink) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Berry Juicy 
(Medium Pink) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Razz-berry
(Dark Pink) Essie - Raspberry
(Green) NK Nail Lacquer - Lime
(Light Green) NK - Lime mixed with Wet n Wild Wild Shine - White Creme


I really wasn't satisfied with how they came out but I didn't beat myself over it. This is the first time I've attempted roses and now I know I just need to practice a little more. They seemed pretty bunched together which made it very difficult to distinguish between the flowers and I attempted to break them up with some leaves.


Upcoming themes:

Until next time, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment