Monday, July 8, 2013

Faith's Tattoo {Mirror's Edge} + Inspiration

I was really in the mood to paint my nails late last night but couldn't think of a design I wanted to do. Thankfully someone tried to help me out and sent me a picture of a tattoo from a video game called mirror's edge, isn't it awesome? I ended up falling asleep after I applied my base color since I waited what seems like forever for it to dry. This morning I added the detail and while it doesn't really look like my inspiration I think it still looks pretty cool. I want to attempt the same type of design but with a different base color, hopefully it happens!


mirrors edge faiths tattoo
Blue Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blizzard Blue
Black Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Black Creme

faiths tattoo

I wondered what this manicure would look like with a matte finish so I added my NYC matte me crazy topcoat and it looks great. I'm not sure which one I like more, my base is pretty shimmery so even though it's matte it still looks kind of glossy. The main difference I noted was that the matte nails were 1000 times easier to photograph since there is no glare.

And a picture of my inspiration: 

No comments:

Post a Comment