Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Heart Nails + Inspiration

While looking at my usual youtubers recent videos I saw Bethany's "Easy Easter Gift ideas for Friends & Family." It was such a great video (like most of her videos) and I couldn't stop looking at her shirt. I thought it was absolutely adorable and the colors were just great. Baby blue and baby pink isn't such a rare combination but I had completely forgotten about it. While I stared at her shirt I thought how it would make for a great simple and cute nail design for spring or just anytime.
Pink Essie - Fiji
Blue Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Breezy Blue
Black Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Black Creme
White (under the blue) NYC Expert Last - White Mania 

I think it's clear that my hearts are another thing to add to my list of things to practice but I think it's okay, it definitely could have came out worse.

I didn't plan on adding the black outline but I didn't think the heart stood out without it and also it helped shaped the heart a bit more. I could't help constantly trying to tweak the outline so I ended up with a thick line and a mistake so all I did was take the blue base color blue and added it over the mistakes.


Here is a not so great picture of my inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment