Monday, April 4, 2016

Influenster: L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare VoxBox

Last month I received the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare VoxBox from Influenster and L'Oreal Paris. Make sure to look out for my in depth post about influenster in the next few months, woohoo! If you just can't wait and want to join now then feel free to click the influenster button on the right side of my blog. Now back to the products; I received the Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Lustrous Oil Serum, as well as a coupon for the Transforming Oil-in-Cream.


Claim 

For hair that is powerful rejuvenated with weightless nutrition. Our Extraordinary Oil system instantly transforms dry, lifeless strands into silkier, softer, more lustrous hair. Clinically tested system for instant results, lasting transformation. In 1 wash, transforms hair to lustrous + soft.

Price


My Routine

  1. I almost always comb out my hair before I shower to get rid of any "loose" hairs that would fall out will washing. Basically, I do this step to eliminate the amount of hair that ends up in my shower/drain (a clean up life saver). 
  2. I let my hair soak in warm water for a few minutes to get rid of any oil or dirt I've accumulated and to open up the hair follicles. 
  3. Next, I apply a quarter size amount of shampoo and focus that on the scalp to get rid of as much dirt/oil as possible and rinse that out. Sometimes if I've gone awhile without washing my hair or feel that it is extra dirty then I'll wash through with a bit more shampoo, which I wouldn't recommend since it can strip your hair, I just personally prefer to do a bit more every now and then.
  4. After all the shampoo has been rinsed away I add some conditioner, starting from the mid-length of my hair and going down, concentrating the majority of the conditioner to the ends of my hair. Any excess I have left I add to the roots of my hair by quickly running my fingers through. 
  5. I let the conditioner sit in my hair for about 3-4 minutes. Since I'm usually listening to music while I shower, I'll wait until a new song starts to put the conditioner in my hair and start rinsing it off with cold water when the song ends. The reason I use cold water is so that it closes the cuticle and seals all the moisture in.
  6. Then I'll squeeze some of the water out of my hair, finish off the rest of my shower if I didn't before I finished washing my hair and pat it dry before putting it up in a towel. 
  7. I usually leave my hair in a towel for 10-15 minutes and then add the lustrous oil serum, starting at mid-length and working my way down to the ends, where I focus most of the product. Any excess gets worked closer to my roots.

Above, is before starting the extraordinary oil treatment (left) and after having used it for a little under a month, in this case after 9 washes (right)

Review  

I really liked these products. I felt that it did a great job of hydrating my hair, especially my ends, which I thought was a lost cause. It may not be that noticeable in the comparison photo above but I promise you it works, my hair felt so much better and I thought it looked a lot more hydrated as well. My hair felt softer after just two uses and I saw a noticeable difference in the feel of my ends after just three uses! I don't mind spending a little more for hair products and 4.99 for the shampoo and conditioner can seem a bit steep for some (especially college students, such as myself) but this product actually does benefit the overall health of my hair that I think makes it worth it.

I especially liked that my hair didn't feel rough and dry after rinsing off the shampoo, something I usually notice happens to my hair with almost every other shampoo. The only complaint I had, which isn't much of a complaint, is that I was not a huge fan of the smell. It reminded me of an old ladies perfume although my cousin thought it just had a strong perfumey scent. On a trip to Walmart I noticed the nutri-gloss line of the advanced hair care products and it smelled fantastic!

If you suffer from dry hair, this may be the product for you. If you give it a try, let me know by commenting down below.




No comments:

Post a Comment